13 days ago
We are looking for Senior Avionics Instructors working on the Hawk platform for our client, BAE Systems Strategic Aerospace Services (BSL) based in Qatar. These roles are currently marked for a target start date in August 2021.
The Senior Instructors for Avionics are responsible for the supervision and delivery of both theoretical and practical training, relating to Hawk Type, specialist and support training, and assessing trainee performance and evaluating the efficacy of the training system. Formal Training will occur within the QTTF augmented by On the Job Training (OJT) within the operational environment. The role also includes the day-to-day supervision and allocation of Training Instructors against instructional and OJT duties and ensuring that all courses are appropriately staffed and resourced.
- Act as the subject matter and curriculum lead for your maintenance technician area -including the supervision, coaching and mentoring of Training Instructors.
- Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in the preparation and delivery of the allocated course in accordance with the authorised Syllabus, and associated materials
- Supervision of the Training Instructors or nominated personnel for the invigilation and marking of examinations and assessments.
- Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in the continuous assessment, evaluation and reporting of trainee progress.
- Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in ensuring that trainees use appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and observe safety precautions and procedures during practical training.
- Supervision of the Training Instructors and taking part in ensuring that equipment pre-use checks are carried out and associated approved data is available before training commences.
- Possess a Training Qualification at Level 3 or above e.g. Level 3 Award in Education & Training, Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training, Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training
- Possess a minimum recognised qualification to NVQ3/ONC level in a relevant aircraft maintenance discipline, or suitable equivalent.
- Recent in-depth experience, to a level appropriate for their role, within a Maintenance & Support environment (typically a minimum of 5 years), including direct experience of supporting Training activities.
- Avionic Senior Instructor to ideally have electrics trade experience
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years' experience of supervising and delivering aircraft Type training and having operational knowledge and understanding of instructional delivery and OJT activities, and the associated business' key performance metrics.
- Understands the Regulatory Framework and its applicability to the training system, processes and activities.