Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
The post holder will also be responsible for the necessary research, establishment and maintenance of accurate electronic database and manual records to ensure that TfL's statutory obligations are met and that Traffic Regulation Orders are implemented under the appropriate legislation and provide information relevant to Freedom of Information, Public Enquiries and Judicial Reviews.
* Manage the process and procedure to legally produce robust traffic orders to permit utility, planned and safety works.
* Co-ordinate and support delivery of TfL schemes by drafting, mapping and processing permanent traffic orders.
* Undertake the pre-drafting researches for drafting traffic regulation orders, public notices, statement of reasons and any other documentation pertaining to the order
* Prepare the associated documentation for all stages of consultation and carrying out the necessary steps to comply with the procedures regulation pertaining to the order
* Investigate, draft and send responses to correspondence to Councillor's, Police, customers, stakeholders and internally, regarding all queries, comments and objections.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of computer based mapping systems, METROS, TOMS, MapInfo, and MS Office.
* Knowledge and understanding of Statutory process in compliance with The Local Authorities' Traffic Orders Procedures (England and Wales) Regulations 1996 and The Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Procedure Regulations 1992.
* Knowledge and understanding of Act/Legislations e.g. RTRA 1984, TSRGD 2016, Road Traffic (Special Events) Order 1994 and GLA Act 1999.
* Knowledge and awareness of Priority Red Route controls and restrictions.
* Ability to undertake detailed and precise checking, altering and correction of legal documents to a high standard.
* Ability to decipher map and plans to draft traffic orders.
* Understand the legal governance to produce legally binding TROs.
* Experience in Transportation or Highway environment.
* Detailed experience of the technicalities of traffic regulation and control
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***