York, North Yorkshire
£40000 - £48000 per annum
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Our rail client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Track Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. Engineers are also required who are not yet at a Senior level for both York and Birmingham.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large established business that can offer a broad portfolio of projects to work on and career progression.
What is the purpose of this role?
* To lead or fulfil a managing role within a design team to ensure
* Compliance with all relevant technical standards
* Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required
* Guidance is provided for less experienced staff and professional development and training is actively pursued.
What will this role involve?
* Develop feasibility studies, outline and detailed designs in accordance with the Client's requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective, buildable solutions, especially for complex projects.
* Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances.
* Have extensive knowledge in relevant railway Group and Company standards, the GRIP process, British Standards, and Eurocodes, as well as relevant statutory processes.
* Guide CAD technicians in the development of design drawings, details, library of standard details etc.
* Provide guidance and mentorship in the use of appropriate technical / engineering and analysis software including Superstress, Scale and similar.
* Maintain, develop and improve good working relationships with the Client and other interested parties.
* Undertake a wide range of work on all aspects of the railway civil engineering infrastructure that fall within competence, including but not limited to, platforms, lineside equipment bases & structures, footbridges, over and under-bridges, buildings, etc.
* Undertake project planning, programming, cost control and administration and associated reporting on delivery, resources and budget.
* Enter into detailed technical discussions with approval authorities, consenting bodies, Clients, Contractors, Amey staff, Third Parties and other stakeholder groups, especially for complex projects.
* Check design calculations, contract documentation, drawings, technical documents and project reports complying with current standards.
* Attend internal and external project meetings, by representing Civil Engineering in multi-disciplinary projects including attending IDC meetings, liaise with supply chain and other third party organisations.
* Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief.
* Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation through the design and work stages, and lead by example with respect to Health, Safety, Welfare Environment and CDM.
* Undertake bidding, business development and client relationship management as required.
* Check effective, value for money and innovative design solutions.
* Develop and supervise, mentor and support a variety of project team members.
* Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision.
* Prepare and assist with the presentation of engineering options and solutions.
* Check feasibility studies, appraisal / assessment reports and other written documents.
* Check assessment calculations, design calculations and structural analysis.
* Check design concepts, design details, drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
* Hold the PTS competence, and be able to carry out site visits and surveys as per project requirements.
* Be prepared to be trained and discharge Responsible Manager duties for Safe Systems of Work planning etc.
What are we looking for?
* Ideally a Chartered Engineer via ICE or IStructE, or planning to apply in short term.
* Significant experience in fulfilling the role of Contractor's Responsible Engineer or ability to fulfil the role if required.
* Strong knowledge of draughting and BIM software and steelwork and reinforced concrete detailing.
* Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite including Skype, Yammer and Sharepoint, and relevant engineering software packages.
* Excellent experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management.
* Good communication skills dealing with Clients, Contractors, project partners, supply chain, colleagues etc.
* Client focused approach to service delivery and project deadlines.
* At least six years relevant, post-graduate experience in Civil Engineering railway design and or construction.
* Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competence to enhance team capability.
* A proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines.
* Flexible approach and willingness to develop career and those of colleagues.
* Self-motivated individual with good organisation and communication skills.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please send your CV