Senior Test Systems Engineer
Portsmouth (Broad Oak) - 12 month contract duration - Pay rate £37.93 p/h PAYE (£43.45 p/h inc holiday pay) or £48.75 p/h Umbrella
We are looking to recruit a Senior Test Systems Design and Development Engineer for our defence client working on maritime projects. You will design and develop solutions to complex Engineering problems and leads the resolution of issues regarding Test Systems.
The Test Systems engineer will be part of the Test Systems Engineering team and is responsible for providing test equipment solutions across a broad spectrum of projects. The test engineer in this role will be supporting the provision, manufacture, maintenance, and the documentation, of test solutions.
This role will:
- Develop and lead in the test solutions for a number of current programs.
- Work within budget and time constraints.
- Oversee and be involved in producing the test solutions and associated software for a MIL-STD-1553 protocol serial communications interface using a Proprietary Interface card and Windows 10 personal computer system.
- Use Teamcenter and Workspace to maintain technical data packs, create, store, and distribute test documentation in the process of producing test solutions.
As a Test Systems Development engineer the responsibilities will involve:-
- Interact with Project Management, System Design Authority, Production Engineering Manager and Production Management as required.
- Lead test solution engineering projects from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Providing technical guidance to other team members and functions.
- Use of Excel & Word for creation of item lists, wiring schedules, drawings, and user documentation.
- Produce Test Instructions for manufacturing to cover the production steps and the required calibration testing to provide appropriate design assurance.
- Ensure correct configuration management within Teamcenter.
- Review of Design and drawing suitability for production.
- Implement design changes and provide post-delivery support and resolve obsolescence issues.
- Conducting all activities in a professional manner delivering design solutions to meet project or business milestones
- Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Company, Safety, Environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation
- Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
- Maintaining accurate records of all manufacturing test equipment design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken
- Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved with a particular task or program of work to ensure all aspects of the design solution are considered
- Liaison with test facilities, sub-contractors and customers as required to satisfy the needs of project or the business
- Personal responsibility for their own learning and development and to work with the Test Systems manager to identify opportunities to increase individual effectiveness
- Makes judgements based on own knowledge and experience and analysis of factual information.
- The job requires the skills to interpret complex requirements and ensure that they are met. This will require sound problem solving skills with the ability to produce high quality work in demanding timescales.
- Develops innovative and creative solutions to challenging Test Engineering problems.
- Normally qualified to BEng degree level or HND/HNC with relevant manufacturing experience; in test systems development, manufacture and support; or equivalent level of experience.
- Ability to apply depth and breadth of expertise of Test Systems Engineering to complex Engineering problems
- Proven ability in producing suitable documentation in 2D drafting (Visio/Autocad) for basic production and manufacturing documentation.
- Expertise in ATE Software and Graphical User interface creation and use, using LabView Lab, TestStand by National Instruments within Windows 10 operating system.
- Understanding of the design process in order to support Design for Test.
- Good Understanding of Product Safety and SHE and the participation in HAZIDs.
- Knowledgeable of production test techniques.
- Understanding of Microwave measurement techniques.
- Good understanding of product safety and design for safety.
- Good understanding of Life Cycle Management process or the engineering lifecycle.
- Ability to provide technical advice and guidance to support engineers and technicians on test systems.
- Source of authoritative knowledge on Test Systems Development
The successful candidate will be requirement to undertake a baseline security clearance prior to starting in the role.
Please note this role will be Inside IR35.