£50.00 - £55.00 per hour + Ltd company, negotiable
4 months ago
Senior/Principal Test Engineer
Glenrothes, Fife - 6 months contract - Pay rate negotiable circa £50 to £55 p/h Ltd
We are seeking a Principal/Senior Test Engineer to work as part of a More Electric Aircraft programme engineering team to assess and deliver power product solutions for the Aviation Industry. Main Duties: We are looking for a Test Architect /Principal Test Engineer with proven ability in electrical aviation product qualification and certification, to define, manage and execute the customer requirements for a range of power conversion products.
This role is the focal point for the complete test engineering solution on new flagship programme, supporting the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines - including hardware, software, safety and reliability. The successful candidate is expected to take ownership of the requirements verification, test strategy, planning and execution, with support from the Chief Engineer and Technical Leads.
The role holder will own the following deliverables and be accountable for delivering to cost and schedule:
- Acceptance strategy ensuring contractual/requirements traceability
- Integrated Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (ITEAP)
- Verification, Validation and Requirements Matrix (VVRM)
- Defect capture and resolution process and Defect database
There will be a number of systems and products to be accepted by the customer over the course of the More Electric Aircraft Programme.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Knowledge of tools and process used for IV&V on electrical aviation system products.
- Good knowledge of high power, electro-mechanical and / or thermal product design within harsh environments.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and managing product and system integration and qualification testing for aviation compliance - DO160/MIL standards.
- Proven track record in integration, testing and acceptance of aviation products.
- Identification and management of appropriate test houses to support the product test plan.
- Ability to conduct and moderate requirements and acceptance workshops with the customer, supplier and engineering teams
- Ability to track and report progress against the schedule of the test and acceptance deliverables and testing activities.
- Proven ability with interpretation of customer specs and end use environments.
- Work with Customers to develop the technical test requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development
- Good problem solving skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to tailor communications to level and audience at all levels.
- Technical leadership of multi-disciplined engineering teams on major programmes
- Proven ability with the integration and testing of high power (100kW) and complex products
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- BSc / BEng/ MSc / MEng /PhD in Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Use of the Mentor Graphics tool suit DxDesigner, Constraints Editor, HyperLynx tools such as Signal Integrity & Power Analyser, SystemVision simulation or equivalents would be advantageous.
- System modelling using MATLAB would be advantageous.
- Design of Switch Mode Power Supplies.
- Background of working with DOORS.
- Proven Technical Test Leadership in Product Developments.
Please note due to the sensitive nature of the tasks involved all applicants must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.