Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
To enable delivery of Stage 2 of the Crossrail Programme by coordinating and overseeing all ETCS integration signalling tests related activities led by Crossrail. Through the appropriate use of monitoring and reporting processes and through the interaction with stakeholders, examine the detailed requirements of the Formal ETCS Integration tests and put in place plans to check that the required testing and commissioning activities are planned for execution in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner within the parameters of the contracts that exist for Stage 2. Support the business by defining strategy for the execution of works and checking that resources are engaged in a timely manner to assist the delivery of the required Testing works. The role will include leading the management of the data collection and video recording of the Formal ETCS tests (including close coordination with ESOL), conducting post testing forums to discuss the test logs and the production of a draft and final report for approval of the Chief Engineer for issue to relevant stakeholders. In addition the role will include coordination and facilitation to ensure stakeholders resolve any ETCS issues or defects identified by parties in pre CRL testing activities and supporting the coordination of stakeholders who require access for testing to operational proving at Heathrow.
- Principal Accountabilities
Support the Business in relation to the following:
- Proactive management of activities to ensure that the individual contracts understand and comply with the requirements of the Formal ETCS Testing at Heathrow Stage 2 as well as the associated guidance notes and the relevant contract documentation.
- Coordinate the external relationships in NR, BT, HAL, MTR-C with regards to ETCS testing activities in Heathrow.
- Coordinate the internal engineering-related relationships within CRL programme management and CEG, and other parties, as required, for conducting the CRL Formal ETCS Tests.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
- Main Challenges of the Job
- Managing and influencing the delivery of stakeholders without being the primary contract manager.
- Working within a changing environment of programme and priorities in the most efficient manner for the project.
- Managing the resource constraints of multiple stakeholders whilst achieving a timely delivery of the Formal CRL ETCS tests.
- Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
Key working relationships
- Reports to the Stage 2,3,4,5 Integration Manager
- Works closely with other the Stage 2,3,4,5 Integration Team providing support on other ETCS related issues where required on other stages, Chief Engineer, RfL Rolling Stock project managers, NR ETCS test and engineering team members, infrastructure test engineers and other third party engineering and test stakeholders.
- Person Specification
- Excellent knowledge and relevant experience in ETCS and Testing and Commissioning activities. Ideally, the testing and commissioning experience gained will have been on a major railway programme; with relevant licences or certification in systems engineering and project engineering, backed with relevant commissioning experience on major transportation projects.
- Qualified to degree level, with Chartered Engineer status and an IRSE or other licence in project and/or test and commissioning competences.
- Ability to effectively organise and in influence project engineering teams in a matrix organisation context.
- Excellent working knowledge of systems engineering, project engineering, testing tools and techniques, rolling stock capabilities, engineering configuration and change control.
- Knowledge and experience in the development of test scenarios, cases and detailed plans for the execution of tests in the safety-related context, ideally on railways.
- Knowledge and experience in contracts/subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation including: Change control and documentation management, Cost trend program and its linkage to change control.
- Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Supply Chain management, Quality management, Design Assurance and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.