Katie Robson Hill
2 months ago
Morson International are recruiting for a Senior Test & Support Engineer on a permanent basis to work in the maritime defence industry. Based in Dorset, our client, Atlas Elektronik UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide.
The scope of responsibilities can vary greatly according to the size and type of project, but typically they will include:
- Field Service Support of In-Service equipment in the United Kingdom (UK) and worldwide.
- Survey and repair of products / equipment at company premises.
- Deployable to conduct system grooms, equipment surveys and repairs on products installed and in operation. Located in UK and worldwide.
- Support of electro optical products currently in-service (training will be provided) both onsite, UK and worldwide.
- Create and develop test plans, procedures and schedules for verification of design testing including Validation & Verification strategy.
- Develop, manage and perform testing of product, unit and integration whilst working with project teams.
- Support all test activities and implement test solutions both at company premises and off site at test houses and customer sites.
- Writing reports and test documentation, conduct evaluation of test evidence.
- Ensure all test activities that are performed conform to external/internal requirements and necessary standards including Safety standards.
- Secondment into other departments in order to develop product knowledge and integration for predefined periods.
The successful candidate will have a strong engineering background with the capability to be able to work alone on electro mechanical systems, identifying and where feasible resolving or recommending remedial courses of action
What we are looking for in you:
- Degree, HND/HNC or equivalent experience in mechanical and or electrical Engineering or marine engineering.
- Experience working on / installing equipment / integrating systems on various platform types.
- Experience of working with Mechanical/Electrical Diagrams and Control Systems.
- Be able to deploy to customer locations with minimal notice.
- Previous military experience would be beneficial (optional).
- An understanding of defence systems in particular in the maritime environment would be an advantage.
- Must be capable of writing technical reports and extracting information from technical volumes or from experts.
- Knowledge of Standards i.e. Electrical, Def. Stan's, Mil Specs, CE Marking etc.(optional)
- Previous knowledge of Submarines and or Ships would be an advantage (optional)
- Ideally previous test and acceptance and or field service experience conducting fault finding on mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Strong IT, Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills required to interface with customers and staff at all levels, third parties including contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Have excellent engineering skills and problem solving abilities