Up to £52.50 per hour
2 months ago
Senior Test Analyst (SC Cleared)
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £52.50 per hour (LTD)
Our Plymouth based client have an opportunity for a Senior Test Analyst (SC Cleared) to join the team on an initial 6 month contract basis.
Your main purpose will be to test technical solutions to support business processes within the organisation and to support updates to existing solutions.
This role will take responsibility for testing developed software against business requirements, both functional and non-functional. You will also provide guidance to other team members and participate in a continuous improvement process for the testing function.
Main Purpose of Role
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining test strategies, test plans and test cases. You will be confident using industry standard dynamic test techniques to ensure maximum test coverage.
You should be confident highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to project managers and your team leader. You will work with the team leader to follow the established quality process and assist in maintaining the automation framework whilst creating automated tests. You will be joining an established team responsible for delivering testing services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards.
You will also be responsible for managing business users through the UAT stage, offering any technical help and product knowledge where needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
To be successful in this role you need to have an analytical mind, natural fault finding ability, close attention to detail, with deep experience in testing software. You should be comfortable working with a range of people from the business including Solutions Analysts, developers, project managers and product owners.
* A methodical approach to problem solving and demonstrate close attention to detail
* Good interpersonal skills, comfortable working in teams
* Self-motivated, always keen to deliver effective results and see an issue through to resolution
* Excellent communication and influencing skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
* ISQTB Testing Foundation Certificate
* Experience of SQL - able to perform complex queries
* Experience in the use of ALM systems
* Knowledge and experience of software development life cycle and approaches
* Knowledge and experience of Agile (scrum/Kanban) methodologies and practices
* ISQTB Testing Advanced Certificate
* Knowledge of ERP systems
* Knowledge of web applications and web services
* Experience of programming languages (Python, PL/SQL)
* Experience of automation testing and continuous development and integration
* Experience of performance testing with HP LoadRunner
**Due to the nature of the project, candidates must hold current SC Clearance**
Interested? - Hit Apply