Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40413.00 - £50029.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
2 months ago
Job Title: Senior Technical Rail Officer
Job Type: Fixed Term
Industry Sector: Transport and Rail
Salary: £40,413.00 Per Annum - £50,029.00 Per Annum
Benefits: 27 days holiday per annum, Local Government Pension Scheme, Flexible working
Recruiting for a Senior Technical Rail Officer to:
Act as the primary specialist in a role providing critical rail service technical support to the Management Team, Board and Partners in relation to analysing, selecting, contracting and implementing the passenger-service solution in its interim and final outputs, and in ensuring it is aligned to other rail enhancement programmes across the North of England.
You will be expected to provide impactful strategic and policy input by building strong relationships, internally and externally and be able to influence, shape, challenge and contribute to the development, delivery and input into rail enhancement programmes in the north of England.
With good operational and commercial understanding, you will realise the impacts on possession plans and revenue for changes to train plans and will be able to identify, report on and manage risks or issues arising from a train service prospective.
As a confident communicator at senior level you will have the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders, partners and senior colleagues and the confidence to represent the in a range of forums at regional level.
Candidates must possess a relevant degree or other post graduate qualification, or the relevant experience gained through experience, in addition to a professional qualifications.
* Relevant degree or other specialist post-graduate qualification or the equivalent level reached through experience.
* Professional qualification, chartered status or equivalent experience.
* Significant experience and detailed knowledge of rolling stock, train planning and timetabling matters relating to service provisions including train length, frequency, capacity, passenger needs and expectations.
* Significant experience and detailed knowledge of operational issues such as traincrew training, resourcing and train stabling and depot requirements, sufficient to support business case development for both short term disruption planning and intermediate and end states of a similar programmes
* Commercial understanding regarding possession plans and revenue impacts for changes to train plans.
* Experience within programmes of identifying, reporting and managing relevant risks or issues developing from a train service perspective.
* Significant experience of co-ordinating a range of cross cutting, complex initiatives into a cohesive output.
* Significant experience of planning and organising own work and the work of others (internal or external) over the medium term.
* A confident communicator at a senior level who is able to influence a wide range of stakeholders, partners and senior colleagues.
* Considerable experience of managing complex budgets and undertaking accurate monthly project and programme reporting.
* Reputation, ability and confidence to represent in public, professional and stakeholder forums at a regional level.
* Requires significant experience of leading the development of business cases and inputting into the development of transport strategies for a defined area.
* Acts as the lead professional and will be seen as primary specialist (subject matter expert).
* Requires sufficient strategic and technical understanding to act as the primary source of expertise.