Up to £48.00 per hour
6 months ago
Senior Systems Safety Engineer
Contract approx 10 Months
Pay £48.00 Ltd per hour
The roles of the Senior Systems Safety Engineer will report to the Systems Safety Section leader, Fast Jet based at Warton.
Main responsibilities will involve:
* Providing assurance to the System Safety Section Leader that all work produced is in accordance with relevant standards, that all necessary processes have been followed and that appropriate tailoring has been applied.
* Providing support to the System Safety Section Leader at Project Safety Committee Working Groups and meetings, as directed. Be competent enough to chair such meetings.
* Maintaining the project Hazard log as directed.
* Updating and maintaining Project Safety Cases as directed.
* Managing the Project Safety and Environmental Management System and Plans as directed.
* Reviewing all proposed design changes for their impact on safety and the environment and advising, as necessary, actions to be taken.
* Proven ability of engineering within an aerospace environment
* Proven ability in SHE, Product Safety and Environmental Management
* Proficient in the use of various system safety analysis techniques
* Proven ability in Risk Management; this will include hazard identification, analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation
* LifeCycle Management Process
* Weapons Integration Experience
* Knowledge and proven ability of Safety Management Systems
* Knowledge & proven ability of Safety requirements and Safety Case development and maintenance
* Proven ability to carry out hazard identification, risk assessment, analysis and management
* Qualified to at least degree level or equivalent in Safety, or relevant engineering discipline
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels through oral and written briefings and technical reports
* Knowledge and understanding of JSP520 and MoD Safety Case methodology is desirable.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following;
* Generation of System Safety program plans
* Complex system hazard identification/analysis
* Risk Assessment and Management
* Generation of System Safety Design requirements
* Generation of PHL/PHA
* Generation of platform safety case/System Safety Assurance Reports (SSARs)
* Maintenance of Platform hazard log
* Fault Tree analysis
* Zonal Hazard analysis
WE SEEK A SENIOR SYSTEMS SAFETY ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)