£46.00 - £51.43 per hour + Ltd
about 1 month ago
Senior Systems Engineer (Radio Comms)
Reading - 6 month contract - £46 to £51.46 p/h Ltd negotiable
We are looking to recruit a number of Systems Engineers to work for our client on a ground based tactical radio communications system. It will involve working on challenging programmes to bring new technology to a major UK customer base. It will include the design, build, test and trials phases of the programme.
- Prepare system and subsystem specifications and interface control documentation, against rigorous analysis and decomposition of the customer requirements and change requests.
- Provide technical support to the IVVQ team during the system integration and acceptance phase of the programme.
- Conduct of technical investigations into both equipment level and system level anomalies, liaising with software and hardware engineers as required.
- Maintain the design and production baselines through to platform acceptance, including specifications, ICDs, cable data sheets, BOMs and certification documentation liaising with production, the DO and safety engineers as required
- Provide work package estimates that balance quality, compliance and cost - subsequently discharge work packages to time, quality and cost.
- Proven ability in deriving and preparing system and sub-system specifications from customer requirements and to ensure that the requirements meet the needs of the customer.
- Ability to work as part of a team to generate a coherent set of specifications, interface documentation and estimates liaising with other functions and departments as required.
- Knowledge and ability with Systems Engineering lifecycle activities including PDR, CDR, PRR and TRR through the design and development phases into production, integration, verification, validation and acceptance.
- Ability to undertake additional 'hands on' engineering tasks, drilling, soldering, undertaking field and range trials, etc.
- Proven ability of working with customers, presenting technical solutions or design reviews as required.
- An understanding of tactical radio communications systems is required.
- Knowledge of RF engineering desirable.
- Willingness to travel to both supplier and customer locations.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all applicants must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.