Up to £45 per hour + Umbrella
about 1 month ago
£45 per hour umbrella / £40.11 per hour PAYE (inclusive of holiday pay) - INSIDE IR35
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be joining a growing multi-disciplinary team of Engineers within our Engineering Projects Group (EPG). EPG is part of Engineering & Digital Services, within the wider Maritime Services business. We are currently expanding to meet the demands of developing engineering solutions for the next generation Royal Navy submarines.
Within EPG, you will be working across crucial elements of the engineering lifecycle, from requirement gathering to qualification. You will be responsible for eliciting requirements from a range of stakeholders, and then deriving those requirements to the appropriate level for subsystem specification. You will participate in activities supporting the ongoing maturity of the design for a range of marine engineering systems.
- Requirement analysis and derivation at sub-system level, in addition to defining and capturing qualification statements/cases against requirements.
- Using proprietary UML based visual modelling and design toolsets to structure design definition of complex engineering and auxiliary systems.
- Systems engineering experience gained from one or more areas of the systems engineering lifecycle/ V-model, such as: systems integration, system verification testing, software testing, system design etc.
- Knowledge or at least recognition of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).
- Experience utilising software packages such as UML based modelling toolsets.
- Requirements management experience with software tools such as DOORS and familiar with IT networks and general office applications.
- Ability to lead a group of engineers within a team to deliver discrete tasks