Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
3 days ago
Senior Systems Engineer required to work on the HS2 Project for our client who have major contract secured up to 2023.
Initial 12 month contract position.
Rate negotiable depending on relevant experience.
The Railway Systems Engineer works within the MML Area team providing an essential specialist engineering role. This role involves extensive interaction with multidisciplinary teams across engineering functions as well as engaging with relevant internal stakeholders and change panels. Work is not allocated in relation to a specific section of the route and instead involves coordination and interface between internal and external third party projects. The role involves regular travel to meetings and events outside the normal place of work and may require flexible working in order to meet project deadlines.
- Manage and guide the area teams Civil and Rail Systems PSCs delivering the MML design, drawing on expertise from within HS2 to deliver a design that meets the client requirements
- Engage with the development directorate and the Infrastructure (ID) along with the internal stakeholders to deliver a level of assurance appropriate for the MML designs at hybrid bill stage.
- Lead the provision of expert technical and engineering input from a railway systems perspective to support the Hybrid Bill design through parliament including additional provisions, freedom of information requests, and technical requests.
- Ensure the Hybrid Bill designs for HS2 Phase 2, specifically MML, meet the requirements of the 'end state' railway in terms of functionality, operability and reliability
- Work with Civil and Rail systems PSCs as well as the interfacing parts of Phase 2B to deliver an integrated system that supports the Train Service Specification.
- Identify, assess and manage project wide design risks
- Identify opportunities to reduce capital cost and whole life cost and progress these through to realisation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERTISE
- Right to work in the UK without sponsorship
- Extensive knowledge of railway operations / engineering design principles required to achieve optimal design outputs.
- Detailed knowledge of conventional railway systems and an appreciation of High Speed railway systems and their differences.
- Working knowledge of Systems Engineering Principles including Requirements Management, RAMS, Systems Integration
- Working knowledge of the Technical Specifications for Interoperability and relevant Notified National Technical Rules
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Chartered engineer (or equivalent relevant experience).