Crawley, West Sussex
£45 - £51 per hour
10 days ago
The Systems Engineering team at Crawley carries out Systems Engineering activities covering the full lifecycle for complex defence programmes. A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Systems Engineer, primarily to help deliver a new arm of the Maritime Mission Systems business from the Crawley site. This is an exciting opportunity in an area of the business currently undergoing rapid and sustained growth, both in domestic and export areas.
- System definition activities - requirements definition, functional and physical definitions.
- Preparation and presentation of system level design reviews.
- Monitoring of emerging detailed design within various implementation teams - acoustic, hardware, mechanical, software etc.
- IVVQ planning and execution, including platform trials from time-to-time.
- Requirements sell-off and contract acceptance with customer.
- Customer and end-user liaison.
- Analysis of system performance.
- Alignment of Product vs Project - Contribute to business strategy and product development as required.
- Sound understanding of the development lifecycle and lifecycle products.
- Demonstrable relevant systems engineering design and development experience in the defence industry (typically complex systems with software content).
- Proven track record of articulating / defining system design, i.e. production of design definition such as SSDD, ICD.
- Proven track record of working closely with the customer and their stakeholders, including the end-user.
- DOORS practitioner.
- System modelling skills (with either Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect or similar tool).
- Familiarity with Agile / Lean engineering techniques, e.g. SCRUM methodology (in support of software development).
- Sensor-based system domain experience (from sensor, to (signal and data) processing, to operator), e.g. Radar, Sonar.
- Experience of working internationally (coordination of geographically separated engineering teams).
- Knowledge of maritime domain operations and/or products.
- Sonar knowledge and factors affecting performance.
- Knowledge of acoustic design and/or performance in underwater environment.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, e.g. winches.
- Experience of Sonar signal and data processing (in support of inboard processing).
- Practical experience of platform installation, integration and acceptance.
- Experience of Design for Manufacture.
- Knowledge of Safety Integrity Levels.
- Good understanding of discipline Engineering Standards, processes and maturity models.