£100000 - £110000 per annum + DOE
4 months ago
Fixed Term 2 years +
THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY
Reason why the job exists. Describe in terms of results/outputs usually expressed as a single sentence:
Job Description: Fuel System requirements definition, functional/physical architecture design, system integration and development testing (if applicable) of a Fuel system that is composed of tankage, fuel measurement, pressurised and pumped transfer, venting, engine fuel delivery, ground and air to air refuelling thermal management and generation and/or storage of tank inerting gas. It also covers supplier selection and management activities for a Fuel System.
Key Responsibility Areas and associated Standards of Performance
Key elements of the job. Usually no more than seven main accountabilities and realistic standards that are:-
* Common to staff doing the same job at the same grade
The main responsibilities of the job include:
* Requirements capture and definition, concept/trade studies, specification, design and development, qualification, clearance and certification planning.
* Functional/physical architecture design.
* Equipment engineering, including equipment selection, specification, supplier management and liaison.
* Interface with Airframe and Design engineering to integrate systems at Air Vehicle level.
* Liaison with specialist departments to define system requirements and integrate systems.
* System analysis, modelling and simulation
* System safety analysis.
* Supporting development of plans, programmes and statements of work.
Experience, skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Effective communication and collaborative team working.
* Experience of several phases of the Product Lifecycle, particularly early life cycle and understanding of phase reviews is desirable.
* Experience of supplier management.
* Ability to apply significant engineering judgement to solve problems.
* Ability to be creative and innovative.
* Experience in modelling software tools such as Matlab/FloMaster is desirable.
* BSc/BEng (Hons) qualification or equivalent .
* Knowledge of relevant engineering standards (including safety and environmental regulations).