High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
5 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Loudwater, UK | Duration: 6 Months | Pay Rate: Negotiable
A vacancy exists within a large defence electronics enterprise for a Senior Systems Engineer to conduct Systems Engineering activities either alone or as part of a larger project team, adhering to the client's Engineering Function processes or project specific tailoring of those processes.
- Generating, understanding and reviewing user requirements documentation;
- Writing the project Systems Requirements Specifications.
- Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software; each system requirement (incl. the Acceptance Management Plan);
- Developing and documenting the System Architecture;
- Developing and documenting System Design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications;
- Ensuring that the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable.
Leads Testing Functions:
- Deriving, defining and documenting testing;
- Conducting integration testing;
- Conducting system testing (informal and formal).
- Delivering allocated tasks within budget and to timescales as agreed with the project management team;
- Configuration and Data Management;
- Supporting the safety verification process as required;
- Supports Bids by providing input on technical solutions, estimates and plans.
- Use of development, target and test equipment as well as laboratories to perform engineering activities relating to the allocated functional discipline.
- Essential Software Tools: MS Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Desirable Software Tools: DOORS, Bugzilla/Jira, Windchill, IFS, MATLAB/Simulink.
- Desriable Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Naval Command & Control systems, especially Electro-Optics ie Radar Surveillance.
- Proven ability with Airborne C2 tactical data links (Link 11/Link 16).
- Proven ability working to/with Networking Standards and LAN switch configuration.
- Proven ability in Software Development ie scripting for test tools.
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked in the defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MoD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).