Up to €430.00 per day
19 days ago
Morson International are working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their team in Valletta. This is an initial 8.5 months contract with real possibilities of extension.
Notes: It is important to find someone with solid practical knowledge of VMware (ESX, vCenter, vROps) and NetApp storage controllers. (Desired exams: VMware VCP-DCV 6, NetApp NS0-161)
The hired person will be responsible for:
- Deploying the VMware Horizon View.
- Implementing firmware and software upgrades of the clients Virtual Server Infrastructure in Malta, France, Italy and Greece to ver. 6.7 - incl. all compatible ESX hosts, vCenter appliance and vRealize Operations Manager appliance and monitor infrastructure performance in post-implementation phase
- Delivering the Virtual Server Infrastructure upgrade report
- Implementing Lenovo XClarity Administrator platform and integrating with all compatible servers in Malta, France, Italy and Greece and handover BAU administration to relevant team members
- Delivering Lenovo XClarity Administrator implementation report
- Delivering Lenovo XClarity Administrator handover manual
- Implementing current firmware and upgrades for critical NetApp storage controller infrastructure in Malta and France and monitor array performance in post-implementation phase
- Delivering clients NetApp Storage Controllers configuration baseline report
- Preparing hardware upgrade 2021 roadmap for ESX hosts in Malta, France, Italy and Greece
- Delivering ESX hosts hardware upgrade 2021 roadmap.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant education (bachelor or equivalent) after secondary school
- Minimum 9 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in the following fields:
- DNS and IP administration (load balancing, firewalls, switches (L2/L3), redundancy, IP addressing)
- LAN protocols (Spanning Tree Protocol and/or VLAN trunking, IP routing, LAN, WAN, and Site to Site VPN)
- TCP/IP, RIP, OSPF, BGP and/or EIGRP
- WAN network topologies and hardware (CSU/DSU, Private Line, DSL)
- Network Management tools
- Proven experience on VMWare (ESX, vCenter, vROps) and NetApp Storage Controllers.
- Very good knowledge of encryption at network layer and encryption protocols (SSL/TLS, IPSEC, etc.)
- Proven and solid experience in VMware ESXi 6.5, vCenter 6 and Horizon 6.
- Proven and solid experience in implementing and upgrading NetApp storage controller infrastructure and monitor aray performance in post-implementation phase
- Proven experience in hardware upgrade roadmap for ESX hosts.
- Network (Cisco Certified Network Professional/CCNP or equivalent) and IT Service Management/ITSM qualifications (IT Infrastructure Library/ITIL-ITILV3ISO/IEC 20000 or equivalent) would be advantageous
- Desired Exams: VMware VCP-DCV 6, NetApp NS0-161
- Familiar with ITIL/ITIL V3 concepts
- Very good knowledge of the English language
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and we will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Paul from Morson for more information.