3 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Our client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to work within its Distributed Anti-Submarine Warfare (D-ASW) segment across a range of innovative new products at different levels of maturity to develop the next generation of its ASW solutions.
This Senior Systems Engineering role will provide one or more projects with the required Systems Engineering support to ensure the project delivery targets are met and that the technical solution is compliant against all contractual and legal requirements.
- Delivering allocated tasks within budget and to agreed timescales
- Conducting systems engineering tasks throughout the systems lifecycle, such as:
- Generating, understanding and reviewing user requirements documentation;
- Writing the requirements specifications;
- Developing and documenting system architecture;
- Developing and documenting systems design through system design specifications and interface specifications;
- Defining sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software;
- Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy
- Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable;
- System testing and reporting:
- Deriving, defining and documenting testing:
- Conducting integration testing;
- Conducting system testing (informal and formal);
- Configuration and data management
- Process compliance
- Adhere to the company's systems engineering processes and procedures.
- Supporting the safety verification process as required;
- Support planning through input to project schedule by estimating tasks and adhere to agreed estimates/timescales.
- Providing regular and clear technical progress reports
Proven Ability / Key Skills
- Have significant proven ability in most of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
- Requirements elicitation and management
- System architecture and design
- System integration and test
- System acceptance, verification, and validation
- In-service support
- Proficient with DOORS and MS Office (Visio, Project, Word, Excel), Windchill & IFS abiliy desirable
- Have demonstrated the ability to plan and execute systems activities on complex projects
- Knowledge of any of the following would be desirable; Anti-submarine warfare sonar systems, naval sonar systems, surface ship and submarine torpedo defence and countermeasures, anti-submarine warfare systems (sonobuoys)
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).