3 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 months
The successful Systems Engineer will conduct systems engineering activities on various Hull Mounted and Towed Array SONAR systems programs across a range of innovative new products at different levels of maturity, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team. You will be involved in multiple disciplines (Electronics, Algorithms, Software, Mechanical) from early prototyping to early trial through to full production and as such provide a rich technical background on which to thrive.
The Systems Engineer will create and sustain successful, purposeful, systems that:
- Relate to the development and delivery of goods and services;
- Deliver real benefits to the company, suppliers and customers;
- Works with all technical domains, and all business functions.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Leading the systems activities on a project you will apply sound engineering judgement to ensure projects are delivered to cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
- Key Responsibilities include:
- Delivering the systems engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and timeframe.
- Coordinating the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Generating, understanding, and reviewing user requirements.
- Performing requirement analysis and flow down to system and sub-system levels.
- Developing and documenting system architecture, design, and acceptance and verification strategies.
- Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
- Leading all the activities relating to systems validation and acceptance.
- Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
- Supporting bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans.
Proven Ability / Key Skills
A motivated and natural leader with a passion for successfully delivering the customer expectations, you will:
- Be able to gather data using both your own logical thinking and the surrounding project team, in order to draw valid and justifiable conclusions.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and possess the empathy and skill to adapt your communication style to build rapport with a broad range of internal and external customers.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work.
- Be capable of actively growing your network across the business, building trusting relationships and positively influencing others in order to deliver upon your objectives.
- Be willing to coach/mentor less senior members of the team to aid and monitor their development, providing feedback to performance reviews.
- The role is office based with occasional travel to other company/customer's sites in the UK or abroad.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).