£45.00 - £50.00 per hour + Additional benefits
24 days ago
Job Purpose : Engine Starting Systems
To provide engineering expertise in engine starting, secondary power and fire detection/protection systems to design and develop an air vehicle to meet customer and business requirements.
Key Responsibility Areas and associated Standards of Performance :
* Common to staff doing the same job at the same grade
Responsible for engine starting, secondary power and fire detection/protection systems through to preliminary design maturity. Accountable to the Propulsion Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead.
Provide knowledge, experience, direction and best practice from the client to work with TAI to jointly achieve programme.
Design and develop engine starting, secondary power, fire detection/protection systems including:
o Requirements capture and management (incl. operating envelope and power management).
o Architecture definition, trade studies and specification.
o Supplier selection, management and equipment engineering.
o System analysis, safety analysis, modelling and simulation.
o Systems integration at Air Vehicle level Interface with Airframe Design.
o Qualification, certification and verification planning.
o Support development of plans, programmes and statements of work.
* Deliver work to agreed time, cost and quality. Report progress and raise issues to manager.
* Lead and contribute to meetings and present work to customer, management and other stakeholders.
* Operate under the governance of the Chief Engineer and appropriate company procedures.
* Ideally have an active UK/NATO security clearance
Location: Eastern Europe (overseas opportunity)
This is a fixed term contract position offering the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary.
- Home leave allowance - to maintain links with family (contribution to additional flights)
- Car Allowance and access to car scheme
- Access to Furnished & Serviced Accommodation or cash equivalent (£10,000)
- Medical and emergency dental insurance
- Immigration and destination services support
- Expatriation and Repatriation support
- 5% bonus of annual salary each year of completion (Example: 10% if 2 years complete)