Up to £0.00 per annum
2 months ago
This role is undertaking the development of an Electronic Warfare (EW) training capability for NATO Joint Electronic Warfare Core Staff (JEWCS). NATO JEWCS is the provision of a realistic electronic environment (radar and communications jamming, simulation and surveillance equipment) for NATO units under training. Working within a multi-disciplined team, you will be the responsible design authority for the air sub-system by working closely with a global air supplier. The role will include reviewing, assessing and providing guidance through the engineering design process ensuring design integrity, quality and fitness for purpose.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage in engineering technical meetings with the supplier.
- Asses the design integrity of the design prior to formal design reviews.
- Working across the full engineering lifecycle.
- Managing all levels of requirements to enable design and development decisions.
- Influencing requirements and design decisions
- Working with and influencing key project stakeholders.
- Employ your understanding of airborne RF electronics technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use.
- Actively support knowledge sharing and exploitation of best practice.
- Travel within the UK abroad to meet with our customers and industry partners.ESSENTIAL
SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- High proficiency in design integrity for large / complex projects & the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Knowledge of UK or NATO security guidelines.
- RF communications and radar knowledge.
- Seasoned in airborne defence sensor systems.
- Marine and airborne RF systems for communications and radar including microwave systems.
WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE
- Knowledge of military passive and active RF sensor systems, including signal processing and identification, and emitter classification.
- Work package management at all stages of project delivery - cost and schedule planning, execution, and reporting.
- Statutory and regulatory approvals processes for civilian and military airborne, land and maritime electronic systems.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A SNR SYSTEMS ENGINEER WHOHAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)