7 months ago
A role within for a Senior Systems Engineer to primarily support the definition, planning and delivery of Fast Jet Secure IFF capability upgrade project. For the role the primary requirement is knowledge and experience of bidding and implementing capability upgrades to the Fast Jet platform.
- Undertake own engineering activities and provide day-to-day engineering guidance to a team, making engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority.
- Develop and launch packages of work onto the E&I Shared Services and Control Account Managers (CAMs).
- Pro-actively manage E&I Shared Services and CAMs to ensure the defined deliverables are provided to the agreed schedule.
- Integrate internal and supplier deliverable into an overall engineering delivery schedule.
- Produce plans that deliver and monitor delivery against plans to ensure all requirements are met and that actions are taken in a timely and effective manner in response to any issues or problems.
- Manage own elements of engineering work package(s), ensuring requirements are delivered to plan and specification.
- Manage ITAR as required to ensure Export Control issues do not impact Engineering's ability to implement the projects
- Contribute to team planning, risk management, and quality and safety to support the effective functioning of the team.
- Oversee and manage the work of sub-contractors, including visiting contractual premises to ensure that all contractual outcomes are delivered in line with agreements; resolving or escalating issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Participate fully in design reviews to ensure that designs meet contractual requirements.
- Evaluate technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions, including process improvements.
- Sound knowledge and application of Product, Service Safety and Environmental management.
- Management of Engineering budgets
Key skills/ Proven Ability
- Knowledge in product and service integration and at least one engineering domain, with knowledge of associated or contributory domains
- Considerable knowledge in more than one phase of the lifecycle and significant understanding of the nature of the work in all phases, especially with regard to through life engineering issues.
- Knowledge of technical discussions and commercial contact with customers, partners and suppliers