£0.00 - £325 per day + Negotiable
5 months ago
Senior Systems Engineer
Duration: 9 Months Initially
Rate: £325/day (Negotiable)
Our client is seeking a proven Senior Systems Engineer to provide technical leadership on a major project for a large renewable energy provider. You will be leading the systems engineering activities providing primary technical liaison with the customer, ensuring requirements, design and verification phases are properly executed and documented. You will be working together with highly motivated experts in the technology as part of a 25 person team. This first phase of the project will run for 9 months for a proof of concept demonstration, with the expectation of follow-on contracts for product design and deployment.
- Technical leadership in a defence/aerospace environment
- System requirements management and traceability
- System design documentation
- System requirements verification
- Producing design assurance evidence in support of a functional safety case
- Good document writing skills
- Good teamworking and communication skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally in the UK for short periods
- Proven ability with radar surveillance systems in a civil aviation or defence context
Our client has developed an innovative new holographic radar technology platform and now benefits from being a part of Thales, a global aerospace and defence business and a world leader in radar. Holographic radar is at the forefront of a digital transformation that is starting to happen across the traditional defence and aerospace industries. Our software defined radar uses the latest data capture hardware to acquire large volumes of real-time big data; using advanced data processing techniques and artificial intelligence (AI) we transform this into meaningful information that enable our customers to take critical decisions. This technology is ideally suited to the detection and tracking of aircraft in the presence of wind turbines enabling many Gigawatts of renewable energy generation in the UK.