Senior Systems Administrator
A Senior Systems Administrator is required for a permanent position based in Qatar, working with BAE Systems Strategic Aerospace Systems WLL (BSL), a joint company venture between BAE Systems and their Qatari partner, Strategic Aerospace Systems.
- Day to day support of IM&T Infrastructure - including Cloud Solutions, Networks, systems & Applications
- Establish and maintain systems configuration item (CI) baselines in alignment with the DI Service Management Configuration Management Plan.
- Technical expertise on IM&T System Administration & knowledge of Database, Networks architecture and supporting application layers
- Undertake work within the area of specialism, taking account of interfaces and approved data disseminating to others in order to resolve problems and proactively recommend improvements.
- Review and approve solutions including all documentation within own limits of authority, or seek higher level of approval , where required
- Ensure that procedures for use by the team meet all governance and business requirements
- Assist in development of processes to ensure discipline technical quality is communicated across all discipline levels of IM&T engineers.
- Liaise with other Technicians in matters relating to discipline detail standards.
- Participate in raising overall level of discipline skills (business cases, technology enhancements, learning & development) to meet current and future requirements
- The following responsibilities are consistent with an IM&T Senior System Administrator:
- Research problems and issues, gather information from a range of physical and informational sources, review defects on platform or assembly in order to gain a complete understanding of the problem and all relevant circumstances
- Analyse problems related to platform and support system issues and generate proposed solutions.
- Complete management information as required including report status against own and team's workload
- Manage, coach and mentor more junior or less experienced staff, ensure that they understand the systems and protocols associated with the work and task ensure that their work is reviewed and approved.
- Clear understanding of DI Engineering Products and Services
- May schedule own work and that of other IM&T staff to meet target time scales and budget demands
- Engage with customer representatives and suppliers in writing, by telephone and in face to face meetings, and with other internal functions as necessary to discuss technical issues and problems.
Salary - Competitive
The client is looking to start this role around August 2021, but is considering applications immediately.