£400.00 - £450 per day + Ltd
about 1 month ago
Senior System Engineer
Weymouth - 6 month Contract - Pay rate £400 to £450 per day Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Senior Systems Engineer Contractor to work with our defence client on a wide range of products and projects, spanning the whole lifecycle from concept through to in-service support and disposal in the underwater warfare and maritime domains.
The systems engineering team manage the requirements definition, implementation, verification, and validation of systems to ensure that the project delivers to cost, quality, and schedule. As part of the project System Engineering team you will conduct systems activities on a project and apply sound engineering judgement to ensure tasks are delivered to cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Delivering the systems engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and timeframe.
- Supporting the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Generating, understanding, and reviewing user requirements.
- Performing requirement analysis and flow down to system and sub-system levels.
- Developing and documenting system architecture, design, and acceptance and verification strategies.
- Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
- Leading all the activities relating to systems validation and acceptance.
- Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
- Proven ability in most of the following areas, with exposure to the others:
- Requirements elicitation and management
- System architecture and design
- System integration and test
- System acceptance, verification, and validation
- In-service support
- Hold or be capable of achieving Security Clearance (SC).
- Have demonstrated the ability to plan and execute systems activities on complex projects.
- Experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be able to gather data using both your own logical thinking and the surrounding project team, in order to draw valid and justifiable conclusions.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and possess the empathy and skill to adapt your communication style to build rapport with a broad range of internal and external customers.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work.
- Be capable of actively growing your network across the business, building trusting relationships and positively influencing others in order to deliver upon your objectives.
- The role is office based with occasional travel to other company/customer's sites in the UK or abroad.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance at SC level.