£28.52 - £32.00 per hour
0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
Senior Support Engineer (Technical Support & Authoritative Advice)
Weymouth - 12 month duration - £32 p/h Ltd or Umbrella Company or £28.52 p/h PAYE including holiday pay
The TS&AA Senior Engineer will support the delivery of a proactive and agile technical response service to the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), Royal Navy (RN) and other Submarine Enterprise partners to assist the delivery of operationally available submarines.
- Provision of Astute Class Platform / Combat System technical information from previously published sources.
- Support to the provision of Astute Class Platform / Combat System Authoritative Advice, in accordance with the extant governance process.
- Provision of Platform / Combat System technical information for legacy Class submarines from previously published sources where still available.
- Provision of real-time support to In Service Submarines (ISM) / Combat Systems Group (CSG) customer for Operational Deficiencies (OPDEFs).
- Provision of real-time support to ISM for submarine Incidents.
- Identification of issues for inclusion in the Continuous Improvement process.
- Management of Query Management systems.
- Provision of information to support the appropriate Engineering or Support Managers in the preparation of briefs and reports for both internal and external reporting.
- Knowledge of Royal Navy Submarine operating profiles
- Knowledge of MOD Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) and Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) processes.
- Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in the phase relevant to the role
- Understand the need for, and have awareness of, Product Safety & Environmental policies and SHE.
- Have good communication skills and be able to interact with the MOD, RN and other Enterprise stakeholders.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the tasks involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a live UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level.