Up to £33.04 per hour
2 months ago
Morson International is looking for Senior Supply Chain/Procurement Professional for our client based in Portsmouth
- The Senior Procurement Professional develops and applies procurement processes within projects or business functions to source goods and services where the value, risk or contract warrants special definition or conditions beyond those for a routine purchase
- The Senior Procurement Professional works with other functional representatives and/or customers and suppliers to meet operational needs of line management and the business. Typically this role would also be involved in roll-out and management of corporate procurement processes and technologies.
- The role requires a good and broad professional knowledge and understanding of procurement principles and practices, including an understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made across the wider Supply Chain
- The Senior Logistics Professional will use apply their detailed experience of logistics processes and technologies both to ensure that these meet business' and the customer's requirements and to improve these processes over time
- This will may include leading teams that maintain and update infrastructure and processes and transport management, as well as leading cross-functional teams to optimise these and implement improvements. Furthermore the Logistics Professional will develop an increased understanding of the wider Supply Chain disciplines of planning and procurement to ensure that the decisions made in these areas are incorporated in logistics decisions
- In addition, the Senior Logistics Professional may be called upon to deputise for the Logistics Manager or represent logistics to the wider organisation
- The Senior Planning Professional is responsible for the timely development of production, materials, maintenance and repair plans and schedules to support both business's and the customer's requirements for more critical or higher value elements of the planning processing addition, the Planning Professional may be asked to lead continuous improvement activities or to deputise for the Planning Manager
- This includes understanding and analysing relevant data to manage production and repairs as well as supporting production and operational reviews through the provision of relevant data. The Senior Planning Professional will combine a good understanding of the MRP and any other relevant planning systems with a developing appreciation of the interfaces with both procurement and logistics and increased participation in cross-functional teams
Experience within Nuclear or Pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.