Up to £40.00 per annum
5 days ago
Experienced Structures Engineers are required within BAE Systems - Air (Warton/Samlesbury) for a variety of roles supporting military fast jet airframe design, development and support programmes. The roles to be filled cover a broad range of Structures engineering skills covering classical structural analysis methods, Finite Element Analysis Methods, airframe qualification, materials qualification support, especially Carbon Fibre Composites, systems installation stress analysis and airframe build/manufacturing support.
The Key Responsibilities include:
* Plan, estimate and control structures engineering tasks for activities within span of control, performing tasks to cost and on time to meet customer requirements and business needs.
* Ensure the technical content of the work, including deliverables, is acceptable to the customer and utilises the most efficient engineering methods available.
* Ensure all work is compatible with the departmental quality policy and that departmental procedures are followed. Agree with line manager and deploy structures engineering methods, processes and data for activities within span of control
* Ensure effective interactions with customers, suppliers and others, to promote the best interests of the team, department and company.
* Provide efficiency and effectiveness suggestions for the development of structures engineering toolsets and processes within the Structures discipline
- 5 days p/wk (Mon-Fri) around relevant site core hours (7am - 6pm Mon - Thurs, 7am - 12.30pm Fri).
- Hours required to work per week are 37.00 unless otherwise stated (this does not include lunch breaks).
- Start and finish times to be agreed with local Line Management, in accordance with local site core hours.
- Lunch break (unpaid) is 42 minutes which will automatically be deducted each working day from 12.30pm to 13.12pm by the electronic time management system.
- Dependant on workload, local management may request more or less hours are worked within this contract.
This role exist to provide structural engineering input, analysis and support to military fast jet airframe design and development programmes. The roles are critical to enabling the release of design definitions and/or supporting the manufacture and/or the operation of military fast jet airframe structures, and cover a broad range of Structures engineering skills such as classical structural analysis methods, Finite Element Analysis Methods, airframe qualification, materials qualification support, especially Carbon Fibre Composites, systems installation stress analysis and airframe build/manufacturing support.
Microsoft Office Excel - Excellent
Microsoft Office Word - Excellent
Microsoft Office Powerpoint - Excellent
Microsoft Outlook - Excellent
Microsoft Office Project - Good
CATIA V5 - Good
Matlab/Simulink - Good
Communication, Team working and Motivation are Essential
Classical Structural Analysis methods are Desirable
Additional Agency Information
Pay Rate £40.00 LTD