Birmingham, West Midlands
£35 - £40 per hour
Rail Technical Team
8 months ago
A leading client in the Rail Industry is recruiting for a Chartered Senior or Principal Structural Engineer to work in their Birmingham Structures team to help deliver their plans to develop and grow the Building Design practice in the Midlands and across the UK. Opportunity is based on a 12-month contract, paying £35-£40 per hour based in Birmingham.
The client provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects relating to buildings and infrastructure.
Due to a number of recently secured projects in the rail and aviation sectors, the client is looking to grow their team.
* Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE)
* Be a technically excellent engineer, with established skills and delivery capability.
* This should include experience in the design of common structural materials as well as a good understating of current design standards and working practices
* The ability to translate this broad range of technical skills into imaginative ideas which enhance the quality of our designs
* Proven experience on developing projects from concept to construction stage.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills that can support our client relationships, assist in preparing bids and generally enhance our work winning capability.
* Experience of actively managing clients.
* Ability to manage and work to budget and program, to control costs and manage change control processes
* A flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
* Experience of working with, and managing, small focused project teams.
* You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
* A curious minded individual who enjoys the stimulation of exchanging ideas with others.
* Deliver multiple projects or parts of larger projects to completion, within budget and to program.
* Ensure the provision of efficient high quality structural engineering design.
* Be the first point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties.
* Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team.
* Effectively manage own time which may be necessary if allocated to more than one project
* Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities
* Be a technical champion within the team.
* Assist in managing the broader team through mentoring and training