Katie Robson Hill
5 months ago
Are you looking to join a successful and growing Engineering company? Morson International are working in partnership with ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK in recruiting for a Senior Sonar Research Engineer.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
As a Senior Sonar Research Engineer at ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK, you will be given the opportunity to work in an innovative cutting-edge environment, undertaking research and leading on product development to ensure they are leaders in their field.
A Senior Sonar Research Engineer role at ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in the development of the next generation of acoustic sensing systems that provide our customers with a technological advantage. The work involved in this is varied and you will have the opportunity to contribute throughout the research and development lifecycle. Aspects of the work that you are likely to be involved in include:
- Technology concept formulation for new sonar systems
- Identification and investigation of new sonar technologies
- Novel sonar transducers design
- Sonar signal and data processing algorithm research
- Development, experimentation and testing of sonar technology prototypes using our in house facilities and at sea on naval platforms
- Integration and testing of in-service sonar systems on ships and submarines
- Performing simulation and analysis to advise front line tactics and customer procurement decisions
- Working with system design teams, providing expert technical input
- Building a relationship with our MOD science and technology customers.
What we are looking for in you
Research roles in the Sonar department would typically suit individuals who have expertise in of one of the following areas: Sonar & Acoustics; Signal and data processing algorithm design and development; Transducer and sensor development; Acoustic materials; Simulation and operational analysis in underwater or military domain.
You will be educated to at least Degree level (or equivalent) in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering (or similar related degree) with strong numerical, research and communication skills and an inquisitive mind.