North West England, England
Up to £45.00 per hour + negotiable
3 months ago
Our client delivers state of the art Sonar capability for UK and International companies. They are seeking Software Engineers on a 6 month contract basis to support their teams.
Successful applicants will be key members of the Software team based at their site in Cheadle, Manchester. Key responsibilities will be to support Linux runtime environment middleware development.
Technical Skills / Proven ability
- A solid foundation in computer science / Software Engineering
- Proficient programming skills, with proven ability in C++ and/or C languages
- Proven ability of Linux environments and shell scripting
Desirable / Advantageous
- Automated installation (e.g. RPMs, YUM)
- Software configuration - Clearcase, Clearquest, GIT, JIRA, Maven
- Artefactory, Nexus, Virtual Machines, Virtualisation, VMware
- Jenkins CI
- Driver development/ knowledge would be useful
Key tasks / responsibilities
- Full lifecycle software engineering tasks; incl. requirements elaboration, software design and development, test procedures, Software configuration
- Working with Systems Engineering to develop requirements and a test strategy
- Develop systems by working as a key member of a project team to deliver a high quality, robust software deliverable that meets customer requirements, on time and within budget
- Working with customer support functions to ensure that currently deployed software products are maintained on both land and at sea
Due to the sensitive nature of the clients' products applicants must be capable of obtaining UK Security Clearance (SC level minimum).