Up to £350.00 per day
3 months ago
The Senior Software engineer is responsible to the head of product engineering for executing allocated MoTaKo software work packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Cointegration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates.
Definition of the job:
- All software is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with business standards, all supporting documents are produced in accordance with business standards.
- Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated software development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
- Increasing product security through the implementation of security features with the aim of achieving CPA
- Implementing MANET and traffic control based features to support customer demonstrations and key strategic campaigns
- Porting the code on to COTS platforms, including governance, to support customer systems and sales.
- Needs to understand and devise intricate solutions to complex problems after lengthy and involved analysis.
- Needs sustained technical understanding of all issues required to produce software for complex equipment
PROVEN ABILITY / KEY SKILLS
- Embedded software Engineer
- Linux Software development
- Strong knowledge of networking standards
- Understanding of IP networking, IPSec, and next-gen management protocols are advantageous.
- Software design & implementation for secure data or voice network communications equipment.
- Familiar with process driven software development
- Full project lifecycle
- Able to work on their own but provide regular reporting
- Implementation of LINUX software in C and including Kernel drivers and Embedded ARM
- Highly self-motivated, articulate and good written and verbal comms skills.
- Good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation.
- Requirements management
- Software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Ability using one or more of the following tools; Eclipse, GCC. GIT, SVM.