£0.00 - £55000.00 per annum
6 months ago
My client is actively looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be based in Weymouth on a permanent basis.
Set Within the domain of development of major sonar systems:
- To support the software development life-cycle consisting of requirements analysis, design, implementation, test and verification in order to deliver software components into projects and products.
- To work with analysts to develop sonar signal processing algorithms and subsequently implement, integrate, verify and optimise these algorithms on target systems.
- To conduct software engineering activities, either alone on a small project or as part of a larger project team, adhering to Engineering Function processes or project specific tailoring of those processes.
- This position will suit established Senior Software Engineers who have succeeded in positions of responsibility for software delivery. More junior candidates will be considered if they can demonstrate the qualities and aspiration needed to progress to Senior Engineer level in the short term.
- Full software development life-cycle consisting of requirements analysis, architectural design, detailed design, implementation and test.
- Sonar signal processing algorithm implementation, optimisation and verification.
- Software Configuration and Build Management.
- Adhere to the company's software engineering processes and procedures.
- Supporting bids by providing input on technical solutions estimates and plans.
- Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management.
- From time to time you will be expected to take on technical leadership roles for small teams of developers delivering software components to agreed cost, schedule and quality.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Signal Processing, DSP - ideally in sonar or radar domain
- Expert at C++ programming.
- Parallel Multithreaded processing.
- Formal software design methodology (UML, OO…).
- Use of Unit Test frameworks and implementation of (automated) unit testing.
- Production of formal software documentation throughout the whole life-cycle (planning, design, test, transition, manuals…).
- Configuration and setup of production tool chains with continuous integration work flow.
- Selection and Implementation of widely used development methodologies and life-cycles (agile, waterfall, V model, incremental).
- Excellent verbal and written communication of complex items at a level suitable to be understood by internal and external stakeholders/customers/suppliers.
- Good team player able to be a cooperative team member and a respected team leader depending on the nature of the project specific roles assigned.
- Willing to share knowledge within the team.
- Must have or be able to achieve SC clearance.