Manchester, Greater Manchester
£42.00 - £47.00 per hour
2 months ago
6 months plus
Based at our clients Manchester or Maidenhead Offices, working on a variety of Infrastructure projects.
Good knowledge of CDM and health and safety legislation and competent in exercising the designer's obligations of CDM as a minimum. Experience:
* Temporary works design and implementation associated with highways, rail and water projects.
* Including but not exclusively: earthwork stability, retaining structures, formwork, working platforms, scaffolding.
* Engineering software (CAD - compulsory) * Category 3 design checking
* RAMS reviews and buildability reviews for TWs
* Value engineering e.g. combining temporary works with permanent works
Description of Duties:
* Development of detailed design of required elements of temporary works
* Development of TWs registers and assisting site teams in seeking solutions
* Managing graduate engineers in the development of designs
* Effectively communicating and collaborating with site TWCs and relevant teams to develop ideas
* Innovating and developing new solutions