Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40 - £45 per hour + Ltd, negotiable depending on experience
7 months ago
One of our clients urgently requires a Senior/Principal Engineer to support in the delivery of HS2 Temporary Highway Works. This will initially be a 6-month contract to be based at their office in Manchester.
Description of Duties:
- Immediate requirement to lead detailed design of HS2 highways schemes.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- Preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE,
- CDM and QA aspects.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Providing technical guidance to others.
- Ability to manage team members and oversee their workload.
- Effective communication with other disciplines and construction teams.
- Confident and authoritative in front of clients.
- 10-15 Years' Experience
- HS2/Rail Experience
- Previous Lead Design Roles on Major Highways & Infrastructure Projects - i.e. Principal Engineer/Technical Lead Level Roles etc.
- Technical Assurance - Checking/Approving Experience etc.
- Temporary Works (TW)/Temporary Highway Works (THW) Experience Would Be a Bonus
- Excellent Understanding of DMRB (Design Manual for Roads & Bridges), in Particular CD 109 (Highway Link Design) & CD 123 (Geometric Design of At-Grade Priority & Signalised Junctions), as Well as The Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCHW), and Relevant Highway Design Standards; including Local Highway Authority (LHA) Design Standards & Section 278 Type Works.
- Considerable Junction Design Experience - in Particular, At-Grade Priority Junctions & Signalised Junctions
- Writing Specifications for Highways Works
- Good Understanding of Highway Drainage & Pavement Design
- Good Understanding of Traffic Signs & Road Markings, i.e. Traffic Signs Manuals (TSM's) & Traffic Signs Regulations & General Directions (TSRGD)
- Writing Departures from Standards (DfS) for Local Authority Highway Works to Support Technical Approval Submissions
- Writing Road Safety Audit Briefs
- Risk Management (CDM etc.) - i.e. Identifying, Mitigating Hazards & Project Risks etc.
- Highways & Other Relevant Legislations (i.e. Highways Act, 1980 & NRSWA)
- Best Practices for Highways Works
- Some Knowledge of Traffic Signals & Chapter 8 (TSM) Traffic Management Experience is Required
- Excellent Organization Skills
- Programming Skills (i.e. MS Project etc.)
- Ability to Delegate, Manage & Prioritise Other's Work
Design Modelling Skills (Required)
- AutoCAD Computer-Aided Drafting & Drawing Production Skills to The Required Standard for Technical Approval
- Either Bentley MxRoad/Autodesk Civil 3D/Bentley OpenRoads Alignment Design Experience
- Some MicroDrainage Drainage Modelling Experience
BIM (Nice To Have)
- Understanding of BIM (i.e. Requirement for Levels 2/3 etc.)
- Experience Working on Major BIM Level 3 & Above Compliant Projects
- ProjectWise (PW) Project Collaboration Software & Workflows
- Basic Working Knowledge of MicroStation/AECOsim etc. Would Be a Plus.