£48000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + car allowance
8 days ago
Our client are a large infrastructure delivery organisation, providing consultancy services to their clients. They are already engaged on a major rail project, providing in a range of construction professionals including planners, engineers and technical specialists on this regional infrastructure projects in South London.
We are seeking experienced construction professionals with management experience, to grow the existing team. The role will be based in London primarily working out of their offices in Victoria and South London, with flexible working arrangements. There are 2 roles available, at both senior and principal level.
Candidates must have considerable and demonstrable civils experience with knowledge of the design planning/programming of a civils construction site. The role will include working closely with clients and key stakeholders to develop construction methodologies/sequencing to inform the design. Experience working for or closely with (through another consultancy or contractor) the major rail client organisations is a must.
What I will be doing?
* Managing consultancy commissions, including client deliverables, resourcing, stakeholder management, cost reporting etc.
* Working closely with clients and stakeholders to understand requirements and key interfaces
* Produces and presents clear and comprehensive written proposals and engages the client/ key stakeholders in selecting and owning optimal design options
* Developing construction methodologies for new railway infrastructure, including stations, bridges, earthworks and track renewals
* Producing reports and presenting to client and key stakeholders
* Establishes routes to remain up to date regarding client context, strategy and position
* Application of Safe by Design principles to mitigate construction risks in early stages
* Construction reviews of drawings/3D models
* Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of political, economic, social, technological and environmental factors (PESTLE) impacting on sector and/or technical area of expertise
* Comfortable and confident to engage in business development
* Awareness of consultancy commercial and contractual obligations/ requirements
Qualifications and Experience
* 5+ years' experience (to Senior Engineer level) in the rail industry working for clients such as HS2, Network Rail and Transport for London
* Member of appropriate professional body or institution (ICE, IMechE, CIHT, PWI etc.) and/or project management experience (APM or equivalent)
* Excellent communicator and relationship-builder with the ability to identify future opportunities to grow the sector
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to clearly communicate with clients
* Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and relevant document control systems
* Experience with planning and 3D/4D design software packages preferred
Interested? Please send your CV or call 07890 609 653.