Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
7 months ago
Senior/Principal Civil Structural Engineer (Highways Lead- Drainage)
Description of Duties:
* Immediate requirement for review of highways drainage design to provide value engineering solutions.
* Initially working in Northampton 2-3 days a week.
* Preparing technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CDM and QA aspects.
* Takes responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost effective way.
* Providing technical guidance to others.
* Effective communication with other disciplines and construction teams.
* Confident and authoritative in front of clients.
Minimum BEng Civil or Structural Engineering plus Chartership with ICE or IStructE.
Full knowledge of overseeing organisation's DMRB and MCHW.
Good knowledge of CDM and health and safety legislation and competent in exercising the designer's obligations of CDM as a minimum.
Minimum 10 years' experience in design and construction of major and minor highways assets for various sized projects in the UK, specialist drainage experience required.
Experience of leading design teams and managing resources effectively with a client facing role.