£35000 - £50000 per annum
27 days ago
* Custodian of the electrical/ software designs for the high speed diesel engine range in Colchester
* Ensure that the electrical designs and application software for engines meet the requirements of the customer and any system interfaces have electrical integrity
* Responsible for interface with Supply Chain for engine controls and Electrical/ software system design to ensure a standardised approach to delivery and development
* Working with others to develop control specification for Engines that meets the customer requirements/ applications inc. Wiring Diagrams, P&ID's , logic diagrams, termination & block diagram, Functional design specifications.
* To support, future applications for a specific engine including Functional safety, control and Instrumentation and System engineering
* Working closely with Contract Management to ensure all Electrical and Software designs are available to meet overall delivery programmes
* Ensure all electrical designs for current life engines are maintained to the required standard
* Conduct 8D root cause analysis investigations and develop permanent corrective actions.
* Conducting "DFMEA" on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs
* Creating 2D/3D electrical designs using CAD
* Develop a process to ensure workload transparency such that clarity on deliverables and timings can be maintained
* Be pragmatic in conflicting requirement situations as to what is the best option for the business, work across the business to deliver it.
* Able to perform calculations to validate safety factors and strength reserves to satisfy product H & S requirements to CE directives
* Design cost effective solutions for both one off modifications or batch productions to meet design briefs.
* Able to work independently, contributing to the team aims and objectives.
* Be methodical, organised and compliant with the company processes and systems.
Company Specific Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Performing in a way aimed at achieving the highest possible work efficiency
* To comply with the Company Code of Conduct
* To provide information, maintain records and carry out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner
* To undertake such other tasks that may be reasonably required
* To adhere to all Company processes and procedures
* To enhance the image and reputation of the company whilst supporting its commercial interests
* EHS Compliance: it is essential to be aware of and adhere to all Health & Safety laws & guidelines relevant to your role and to the safety of your colleagues, visitors and external partner is compulsory.