Up to £0.00 per annum
15 days ago
Morson Technical Services
Senior Safety Case Author
My nuclear client is currently recruiting for a Senior Safety Case Author with extensive experience in the nuclear industry. Working within our team, you will form a key part of our dynamic safety services community supporting a wide range of exciting projects and clients across the nuclear industry, in new build, in generating reactors and also with possibilities to support decommissioning, defence and on fusion reactor work.
* A sound technical background with a minimum of a 2:1 in a suitable scientific or engineering degree and between 5 and 15 years' demonstrable experience.
* Demonstrable ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner, suitable for a varied audience.
* Demonstrable communication skills with stakeholders both internally and externally.
* Ability to work in or lead a team in a multidisciplinary environment.
* Act with integrity and possess a conscientious approach.
* Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively with other teams and/or organisations to create new opportunities.
* Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems.
* Available to work full-time in Barnwood, Gloucester with the possibility of short or medium term secondments to customer offices.
* Already has AV2 status (or equivalent) or capable of achieving this.
* Experience of production of safety cases within either the nuclear industry, or a similar highly regulated industry such as petrochemical or rail (preferable).
* Experience of working in an environment where safety is a priority, for example the nuclear power industry, or a similar highly regulated industry such as aviation, petrochemical or rail.
* Awareness and strong understanding of the purpose of Safety Cases in the Nuclear industry and willing to learn more.
* Knowledge/experience of operating in an environment with a graded approach to quality processes
* Knowledge and experience of the application of some of the following techniques would be beneficial: Hazard Identification, Fault Schedule development, Safety Functional Requirements (SFR) derivation, Probabilistic Safety Analysis.