Our client is a major global player in the Nuclear industry. Operating on a UK Nuclear licensed site specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services based in Capenhurst, Chester.
The role of the Senior Safety Assessor is to act as a Technical Authority and Intelligent Customer for Radiological Safety Assessments. The Senior Safety Assessor is accountable for leading delivery of safety assessments to cost, time and quality, determining appropriate assessment methodologies to apply, and structuring assessments to ensure they are fit for purpose and manageable throughout their life. They are to undertake peer reviews of assessments produced by others, including the supply chain, and provide expert advice to the wider business on the detailed content of safety cases on site.
- Producing and managing the production of safety deliverables in accordance with the company and industry good practice
- Developing, reviewing and approving achievable project plans and schedules such that the proposed packages of work can be effectively delivered to time and schedule.
- Providing routine updates on the status of deliverables.
- Approving safety deliverables within your area of delegated authority
- Championing Radiological Safety Assessments through company Safety Case governance process (Safety Review Group, Independent Peer Review, Management of Safety & Environment Committee (MSEC) and Nuclear Safety & Environment Committee (NSEC)).
- Specifying and accepting activities and deliverables from contractors, to ensure work is carried out to specification, on time and compliant with UUK procedures.
- Approving deliverables within the scope of your delegated authority.
- Minimum 5 years of directly relevant experience as a Radiological Safety Assessor or Nuclear Safety Assessor.
- Competent Safety Assessor and Peer Reviewer.
- Possesses a detailed knowledge and understanding of how specialist disciplines input and support the development of a Nuclear Safety Case.
- Thorough understanding of the UK Regulatory Framework and Regulator expectations in respect of safety assessments.
- Has experience of each stage of the Safety Case lifecycle and experience of Safety Cases from other Licensees.