Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
4 months ago
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment on behalf of Manchester Airports Group (MAG)
MAG is the country's largest airport group. Owning Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports and airport services in the USA. However, the airports are so much more than the place where your holiday starts! With over 40 million passengers, flying to over 250 destinations annually, with tireless work behind the scenes to ensure that the operation is well oiled through the intensive training for 5000+ colleagues across all of our airports. MAG is an exciting environment with multiple billion pound investment projects currently being delivered whilst enjoying a strong period of growth and change.
We are recruiting for an RTR Accountant for a period of 3 months to lead all Management Accounting activity for East Midlands Airport ensuring that accurate, and technically robust, management accounts are produced in a timely manner and in line with group finance service levels.
* Build and maintain key relationships with Divisional Finance Directors, Head of Group FP&A and external auditors.
* The role holder will also help drive a culture of continuous improvement within Finance whilst supporting a robust financial control framework.
* Responsible for leadership of the team and implementing and driving a culture of best practice.
* Support of internal and external stakeholders and the meeting of agreed SLA's.
* Lead one of the RTR teams including staff management, 121s and personal development plans.
* Manage the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
* Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of the divisional accounts.
* Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.
* Responsible for the delivery of group service levels and supporting KPIs to internal and external customers (including Group FP&A, Divisional Finance Business Partners, Divisional Budget Holders and External Auditors).
* Provide divisional accounts and support to the Finance Directors and Finance Business Partners of the relevant Division.
* Building and the maintenance of relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Assisting the R2R Manager in delivery of SLAs across finance
* Lead the team to achieve the agreed group finance charter
* Work towards and feed into a continual improvement mind set within your team and the wider group finance team
* Developing the finance team and managing internal and external relationships
* Developing necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company's business
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
* A qualified accountant.
* Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
* A minimum of 3 years line manager experience.
* Ability to actively engage stakeholders and colleagues to ensure processes are executed consistently and complied with.
* Significant and relevant experience of working within a General Ledger function, at a similar level.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
* Must have experience of SAP or similar ERP systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
* Experience of managing through a changing environment is preferred (end to end change management).
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.