£55000 - £60000 per annum
3 months ago
Senior Mechanical Responsible Engineer
Morson International is proud to be working alongside a renowned Nuclear fuel company operating several uranium enrichment plants across Europe and the United States ultimately supplying nuclear power stations in about 15 countries.
Due to their overall successful and project demand, they are now seeking an experienced Senior Mechanical Responsible Engineer on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the client's Head of Engineering, you will act as the subject matter expert with accountability for mechanical integrity and regulatory compliance across the facility.
Your overall duty and responsibility will be to solve complex problems to optimise equipment availability and continually improve plant performance as well as providing discipline engineering leadership to the Operating and Engineering Teams. You will act as a key member of the Engineering team providing an oversight for containment integrity, plant performance, maintenance delivery and safe systems of work.
Given the nature of the business along with the seniority of the post, just some of the following areas
- Extensive knowledge of engineering standards and change management procedures.
- Ability to prioritise workloads effectively to meet challenging targets.
- Familiar and well practised in the use of safety management techniques.
- Strong problem solving/trouble-shooting skills across the full engineering spectrum, including the ability to source technical expertise where necessary.
- Extensive knowledge of the design, operation and maintenance of critical mechanical equipment
Successful applicants are expected to hold at least 10 years experience within the maintenance
sector from either a Chemical or Nuclear background with exposure to working in a highly regulated
environment on either a top tier COMAH or Nuclear site. You will be expected to hold a recognised
Safety management qualification and a recognised degree or equivalent.