28 days ago
Are you an expert when it comes to all thing's radiation? Have you got experience of ensuring safety and legislation compliance around radiation and radioactive waste? Would you like the chance to work in a role where you can protect an entire workforce? If so, we would love to hear from you…
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Senior Radiation Physicist to join a market leading engineering business in Dorset. In this role you will have responsibility for the radiological safety on-site for all personnel; from employees, to contractors and even members of the public that are in or around the vicinity of the site. Focusing on safety and legislation for handling and controlling radiation and radioactive substances, you will work with business managers across several sites to ensure that everybody, no matter where, stays safe.
As Senior Radiation Physicist you will;
- Ensure the business is, and remains, compliant with relevant legislation & licence conditions pertaining to the use, storage, security, handling, control & disposal of radioactive sources & substances;
- Coordinate and lead personnel to ensure legislative and business needs are met;
- Provide authoritative advice to Business Management on all radiation safety and legal compliance matters associated with radioactive substances and radiation safety;
- Provide guidance to technical, project, commercial, and sales teams regarding the use, storage, security, handling, control and disposal of radioactive sources and substances;
- Support audits & inspections by third party bodies regarding compliance with relevant legislation & licence conditions;
- Provide regular reports to the HSE Team on all radiological safety matters;
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrable experience and knowledge of radiation safety; through a degree or, equivalent working experience. This is a very critical role for the business, one where you will be responsible for the safety of everyone, and as such we need you to have a wide range of knowledge around radiation detection systems and all the related physics that go with this. Above all else, you will want to work with people across numerous departments to ensure compliance to legislation to make sure safety is at the forefront of priorities.
If you want to be a Radiation Superhero, People Protector or a Guardian Angel for an entire work force then this is the role for you!
- Free parking
- On-site restaurant
- 25 days holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme including; car scheme, company shares and retail vouchers
- Pensions scheme
- Numerous social/sports clubs