Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £0.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
about 2 months ago
Morson International is recruiting for Senior QS and a QS based in Manchester. You will provide the client with pre and post contract commercial support for designated packages of work, including subcontract, materials and direct labour.
Ensures projects are successfully delivered within cost and time constraints.
Acts as an interface to work package managers, key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Quantity Surveyor experience working within a contractor side project environment. Experience ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, engineering, defence, construction etc.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar)
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment.
- Management of direct / indirect labour, materials, plant and subcontract costs.
- Management of the change / variation process from inception to agreement
- Supporting Period end reporting incorporating forecasting, analysis to actuals verse forecast etc.
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to manage expectations
- Strong communicator with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to work under own initiative, while maintaining milestone and deadlines
- Good Contractual knowledge and experience.
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at all levels.
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment
- Strong computing skills in MS word, excel, project and MS Outlook