5 months ago
Morson International are currently working in partnership with thyssenkrupp, one of the world's leading specialist construction and engineering contractors within the elevator and lifts sector.
Due to advancement and progression they are now looking to hire within their New Installations Division and are looking to hire a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join them in either of their London or Nottingham offices. A brilliant opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a growing and highly successful business unit working on highly significant and showpiece projects.
Thyssenkrupp currently employ nearly 500 staff members in the UK alone and over 150,000 across the world with sales in excess of £40bn. They work alongside many of the UK's leading main contractors delivering multi-million pound projects across multiple sectors.
Whether building a new state of the art system or modernising an existing one, thyssenkrupp deliver high quality elevator and lift solutions to the global construction industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to a market-leading business where opportunities for development and further progression are readily available. The perfect role for an individual who wants more than just a job, but a career.
- Provide support to the New Installations Sales and Estimating Team with incoming tenders - including full contract review.
- Carry out and complete the full range of commercial activities necessary for pre- and post- construction including; Minimise risk, maximise opportunity, minimise cost and maximise value
- Administration of contract commercial requirements including valuation, final account, change management, variation and compensation event evaluation
- Provide good understanding of the contract, preparation of notifications and loss and expense
- Ensure best practice and compliance with all contractual requirements
- Attend necessary meetings internally and externally to ensure contract and projects are being delivered in the best way
- Provide feedback to the client regarding the contract content, including terms and all additional documentation.
- Management of the finalisation of the Contract Agreement
- Complete necessary preparations for bonds and warranties, whilst ensuring group standards and requirements are met and approval from the Parent Company is sought
- Work alongside Project Managers to ensure the management of project finances
- Provide support to the New Installations Team in the successful delivery of New Installation projects
- Ensure project costs are managed and costs and events are correctly recorded and notified.
- Ensure applications are made in due time to minimise risk and ensure payments are then made in line with the contract.
- Assist in the production of project cash flow analysis with Project Managers.
- Manage claims and dispute resolution.
- Provide general support to the Commercial Department
- Hold a QS / Quantity Surveying Degree qualification or suitable similar qualification
- Excellent computer skills and experience with host of Microsoft softwares
- Good understanding of commercial and legal terms and conditions
- Experience working as a Quantity Surveyor for a construction main contractor, subcontractor or engineering company
- Proven experience in reviewing the legal terms and conditions of contracts.
- Open minded and proactive
- Detailed orientated
- An excellent communicator
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Flexible working and good work life balance
- Genuine opportunity for further advancement and professional development
- The opportunity to work for growing business unit within a multi-national financially strong international conglomerate