£30.00 - £45.00 per hour + negotiable depending on experience
about 2 months ago
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a long-term contract. To be based on site in Warrington. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a project's environment and MUST be SC cleared.
The purpose of the role is to facilitate and coordinate effective corporate governance compliance, implementation and monitoring in line with our client's requirements.
The Quantity Surveyor will work with key internal stakeholders, client and suppliers/subcontractors to drive both strategic value and operational excellence through all levels of the business.
- Provide commercial support and expertise to projects being responsible for a range of commercial activities (bid governance, reviews, change management, compensation event, contractual notices etc.)
- Undertake internal compliance, liaising with the relevant Head of Commercial (HoC) / SQS and customers as required
- Support the CNL Project Managers with all commercial aspects on the project
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) ensuring alignment of objectives and mutual setting of goals
- Good understanding of the head contract terms and conditions and how these flow down to the Subcontract supply chain
- Proactively ensures contract compliance exists and proposes and monitors correction plans to ensure any non-compliance is eliminated
- Supports the construction of and delivers a robust procurement project plan that delivers the objectives of the project, ensuring the deadline and budget are met and that the necessary communications and risk mitigations are in place
- Management of commercial risk including effective management and mitigation of supply chain risk to ensure that the Company's commercial position is best protected referring to SQS, HoC or (Senior) Project manager as the project dictates
- Ensure disallowed costs are at an absolute minimum.
- Utilise sourcing and tendering processes that meet and exceed project / programme deliverables 11. Ensure that work packages are well defined, procured on suitable terms and conditions, with quantified risk
- Manage the post contract commercial management of subcontracts during project execution phases and mitigating the business exposure to subcontractor claims
- Ensure contractual procedures and notices are followed and issued in a timely manner
- Ensure all Supplier / Subcontractor compensation events / claims are adequately justified, rationally explained and recorded to support potential head contract CE's / variations and sustain audit both externally and internally.
- Settlement of Final Accounts with Sub-contractors
- Review contracts and draft subcontract terms as required and appropriate
- Check subcontractor invoices and certifying payments
- Collect / record event details from site to establish variations / contract charges etc.
- Review manufacturing list, liaising closely with Designers, Manufacturers and on-site crews
- Participate as a key project member Team to drive performance
- Develop key external commercial customer relationships
- Proactive Management of change, including * Compensation events - identify, price (produce estimates) and agree Compensation Events and project variations * Early Warning Notices * Submitting and agreeing progress claims * Other Notices under the Contract * KPI assessment * Attend and input to Risk Reduction meetings * Commercial management of Project Managers Instructions up and downstream * Maintain change management registers / utilisation of specific software (e.g. CEMAR)* Manage Disallowed costs
- Proactive management of Suppliers / Subcontractors including: - * Project Managers Instructions, Compensation Events/Variations - defending, evaluating, agreeing and replicating as appropriate to head contract. * Management of supplier programmes * Project records including weekly and monthly progress reports * Correspondence, * Early Warning notices * Applications for Payment, certification of payments, Payless Notices * KPI Assessments * Disallowed Costs * Insurances * Defects * Warranties * Final Accounts
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Building Services Quantity Surveying or have a general degree in Quantity Surveying * Relevant experience in a Quantity Surveying role * Good understanding of day to day commercial administration in the Engineering and Construction industries * General commercial experience * Evidence of delivering on accountabilities and driving the commercial agenda * Experience in delivering to project commercial strategy, and to delivering on large and complex contracts and bids * Experience in supporting large-scale projects and complex change initiatives using appropriate methodologies * Experience in developing and sustaining positive working relationships including the ability to understand and work in line with the customers commercial strategy * People management experience and commercial consultancy expertise * Excellent NEC3/4 skills * Good communication and inter personal skills
Evidence of cross-Business Unit networking, delivering speedy and proactive commercial advice and knowledge sharing