Barrhead, East Renfrewshire
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
Vital Glasgow Construction
2 months ago
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor? Do you have a background in Civil engineering? Do you want to work for a reputable and well established contractor with a solid order book of work? Do you want to work for a company that actively promotes from within and encourages a healthy work life balance?
Then Vital want to speak with you!
Vital resources are currently working with a well established Civil Engineering contractor in the West of Scotland, to assist them in their search for a Senior Quantity Surveyor. Within this role you will be a pivotal member of a solid commercial team working for a reputable contractor with an ethos of internal promotion. As a senior Quantity Surveyor you will be expected to:
- Provide valuation of value engineering options and design changes
- Produce quantities/schedules for procurement of subcontract packages
- Prepare and issue subcontract documentation to subcontractors
- Remeasure subcontract works for interim assessment
- Review and process subcontract payments
- Preparation of monthly management reports
- Attending site meetings
- Liaise with site personnel to obtain site records and reconciling works claimed
- Assessment of Compensation Events/Valuation of Variations
The successful applicant for this role would be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity
- Experience of a range of Contract types (FIDIC, NEC, Bespoke)
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Background within Heavy Civils (Roads, Highways, Marine, etc)
- Competence in various surveying software's (COINS, CONQUEST, etc)
For this, our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive and market leading package for the right person.
If you would like more information or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson using the details provided. Alternatively please click the "apply now" link.