Greater Manchester, England
£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits package
8 months ago
My client is a leading independent Construction and Design consultancy. They have a world wide presence and a great reputation of delivering first class projects.
Currently they are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to provide to support on a major joint venture framework. The position will be based in Manchester but the client is flexible on location.
- As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for the financial management of projects as well as negotiating and agreeing sub-contracts.
- You will be expected to assist with the coordination of the efforts of different team members involved in a project.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of design progress reports and resolving contractual and commercial problems.
- Offer direction and instruction to the Design Project Manager on how to deal with various project commercial and contractual issues
- Carry out project risk assessments
- Review and develop operational process flows to improve commercial performance on projects
- Ensure that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations
The successful candidate will be required to have a range of skills, including:
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong Negotiator
- Good numeracy skills
- Being able to work with a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Exemplary communication skills
- Client liaising
- High attention to detail
- Strong contractual knowledge
- Ability to manage a team
- BSc (Hons) in Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Benefit Allowance
- Company Bonus
- Flexible Working and the ability to work from home
- Market leading pension scheme
- Health Care
- 25 days of annual leave plus statutory