£60000 - £62500 per annum + car allowance
7 months ago
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated here. Other duties of an appropriate level and nature will also be required.
1. Responsibility for the smooth running of the project functions, including:
* Maintenance of systems with amendments as necessary
* Ensuring sufficient cover of staff during holiday or sickness absence
* Planning own work and team schedules and ensuring that all actions within the in the business unit are completed in a timely professional manner
* Liaison with Commercial Manager relating to work to be undertaken in order to remain compliant with all company systems, policies and procedures
* Assist Commercial Manager with income generating activities of the business including fee note preparation and timesheet reconciliation and promotional activity.
* Accurate monitoring of multiple project performance, workload and cost, acting on variance in a timely manner.
* Accurate monitoring of multiple project and programme delivery acting on variance in a timely manner.
* Investigation of anomalies in recording of data across projects following monthly reviews and escalation of any areas of concern.
* Analysis, comment and report on project performance, financial and non-financial
* Analysis, comment, interpret and report on management information across multiple projects
* Proactively seek and implement continuous improvement initiatives, and communicate across the business for wider implementation
* Take part, agree objectives and comply with the performance review process and timescales
2. Provide positive professional quantity surveying services and promote the adoption of best practice in all business activity, including of
* Analysing the claims from the Consultants and Contractors. Upon analysis, prepare recommendation to the Commercial Manager and or Client
* Reviewing, monitoring and reporting on Variations Orders, Compensation Events and Claims inclusive of recording within a robust database/spreadsheet incorporating the status of each package every reporting period (weekly and monthly)
* Reviewing, monitoring and responding as appropriate on-site
correspondence and documents for compliance with provisions of the contract documents.
* Management and review of variation and issue files, chronology of variation and issue events, preparation of variation and issue summaries, consultant & contractor claims negotiation and settlement.
* Approval and verification of interim applications for payments.
* Approval and verification of quantities and costs for completion.
* Approval and verification of the materials' procurement activities providing consultation when required
* Manage out and mitigate areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work(s)
* Implement initiatives to improve performance and assist in addressing areas of poor performance.
3. Accurately maintaining computerised databases and hard copy commercial information, including:
* Review and management of all appropriate commercial information and producing reports when required for both internal and external output.
* Promote the latest technology to ensure the business is at the forefront of development minimising hand offs'
* Work with senior staff members with developing the business through commercial and associated services bid submissions, presentations and client liaison.
* Promoting the use of technology within client organisations.