Manchester, Greater Manchester
Up to £450.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
11 months ago
Morson International have a contract vacancy for a Senior Quantity Surveyor based in our clients Manchester office. The contract is full time for a period of 6 months.
Role & Responsibilities Summary
This is a commercial lead/senior support role (Dependent upon experience and size and complexity of the project).
* Manage relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
* Manage and/or support the management of a team of Quantity Surveyors and
other members of the commercial team
* Support the development and implementation of a project level Commercial
* Operate strategies to maximise project revenues and cash flow
* Implement a strategy by which conflict can be avoided or best managed
* Assist in the preparation and delivery of a Contract Awareness briefing to the
project management team including work package managers at
commencement of the project.
* Ensure compliance with and correct administration of the contract terms and
* Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data
* Ensure timely preparation, submission and agreement of payment applications
* Lead the Change Control Process, for both Client (external) and WPM
(internal) changes, including preparation of change submissions and seeking
early resolution of contract changes
* Assist Project Management teams with advice and contractual support for
* Support the bidding process, which may include the preparation of commercial
contract reviews, the preparation of risk reports for internal legal review and
the participation in risk reviews and assessments.
* Support the procurement of sub-contractors
* Lead the commercial management of sub-contractor accounts, including the
evaluation of payment applications, evaluation and agreement of change and
evaluation of final accounts.
* Liaise with project support functions such as finance, to ensure compliance
with the company's procedures and instructions, including all periodic reporting
functions and GRN etc.
* Provide commercial support for risk management
* Maintain adequate records in respect of project issues and commercial
* Support Project Cost Control Management including Work Package
Management and Cost Value Reconciliations, ensuring variances between
planned budget expenditure and incurred costs are identified, together with an
audit trail of variances to the baseline budget and appropriate action taken to
minimise costs and liabilities.
* Prepare periodic reports for the Client
* Support Client cost audits
* Lead Final Account submissions, negotiation and agreement
* Promote the establishment of best practice commercial standards across the
* Ensure adherence to internal governance processes across the project
* Ensure insurance issues are managed in accordance with procedures
* Assist in the management of claims.
* Assist in internal project reporting and governance, including Project Board
Reviews, Project Health Assessments, Margin Improvement Plan reviews,
Internal and External Project Audits, Stage gate reviews
* Other tasks assigned from time to time by Senior Management and/or Line